Anaheim homeowners are turning their attention to their kitchen and diving feet first into remodeling the kitchen space of their dreams. While kitchen remodeling can be a fun way to finally put together all of your great ideas, it can become a long and expensive process if the proper consideration isn’t put into it first. With so many different design factors to keep in mind, maintaining an organized plan for your kitchen remodel isn’t always easy. To help with the chaos of remodels we have put together this quick kitchen remodeling check list to keep you on track!
- Make a list of all issues your kitchen currently has: Not enough space to for multiple kids? No place to prep your meals? Or maybe you just need more storage space. By defining the issues, you can make clear goals for your remodel so you know exactly where to start.
- Make sure you are getting the most for your money:If you’ve never undergone a remodel before, you may not know what to expect in terms of pricing. Talk with your neighbors and look online to get an idea of what a fair price would be for your project.
- Address Size:Is your kitchen a space that needs to be made larger or smaller? Consider the size of your family and how much cooking and entertaining actually happens in this room.
- Set a Budget: The rule of thumb is that your budget should be no more than 20% of your home’s market value. However you may need to add an additional 20-40% if you will be hiring an interior designer or need to make room for contingency expenses.
- Decide on a Color: Shopping for cabinetry, shelves and countertops are always much easier when you know what color to refer to as your base.
- Organize Your Thoughts: Keep two binders throughout the process of your remodel. Once for ideas you love and want to incorporate and the other for holding any receipts or order confirmations for purchases you may need.
- Decide on a Deadline: Typically remodels that don’t have a deadline in mind will run on much longer than you want them to. Have a clear deadline in mind, but keep in mind there’s a low likelihood you will actually meet it. Stay flexible but make sure you have something to aim for.
These are just some of the many factors that should be considered while planning out your dream kitchen. To ensure you’re asking the right questions, we always suggest speaking with a professional Anaheim, CA kitchen remodeling contractor. At Kitchen Cabinets & Beyond our highly trained staff is ready to answer any questions you may have to help ensure you end with the perfect kitchen for you and your home. Our team of kitchen experts can introduce you to some of the new trends and appliances on the market as well as offer you a free estimate. To receive your free estimate just call 714-630-0477 or visit us in person at 2910 East La Palma Avenue, Suite B in Anaheim, California 92806. We look forward to assisting you!