While remodeling your kitchen can seem like a stressful ordeal, it can actually be the ideal time to draw inspiration from your favorite styles and get creative. Yorba Linda residents are incorporating new styles and trends into their kitchen remodel and finding stunning results! If you find yourself lacking ideas in the design department, check out this list of popular new design trends to get the ball rolling:
- Open Shelving: Traditionally cabinets were designed to keep stored item concealed and tucked away, however now you will find that many kitchens use open shelving and cabinets as a design element. Not only does this style make your kitchen appear larger, it also presents the opportunity to incorporate design accessories that add character to the space.
- Upcycled Material: Whether you are utilizing beach wood, old palettes, or chicken wire, you will find many homeowners taking advantage of the rustic upcycled trend. This look is perfect for kitchens with a beach or cottage themes, and easily give a classy vintage feel to any home.
- Add a Splash of Color: White on white cabinets is old news! The new trend is contrasting neutral colored walls with splashed of color to create eye catching design that makes a statement. Go for bright teal or golden colors.
- Go for Bold Lighting Fixtures: If you want to keep your kitchen accessories more neutral try incorporating bold lighting fixtures that add the right amount of light while still creating a focal point in the center of the room.
- Mix Materials: Just because you choose a specific material doesn’t mean you are married to it throughout the redesign. Try mixing materials that create contrast like marble and wood or steel and aluminum. This will help certain elements pop without making too drastic of a design choice.
- Hidden Storage: roll out pantries and rotating cabinets are a great way to add extra storage spaces without having to sacrifice style. This is a particularly useful technique for those hard to fill corners.
- Incorporate Fun Details: By incorporating little details like walls painted with chalkboard paint or magnetic boards designed for holding kitchen knives, you add an element of fun and functionality that adds character to any home.
These are just some of the many design ideas that you can incorporate into your Yorba Linda, CA kitchen remodeling project, there are plenty of trends and ideas out there where you can draw your inspiration from. If you would like to learn more about the many designs available, and how to get started on your dream home, call one of our expert designers today for a free consultation. At Kitchen Cabinets & Beyond our highly trained staff is eager to answer any questions you may have and to help point you in the right direction for a kitchen that works with your family not against it. For your free consultation give us a call at 714-630-0477 or visit us in person at 2910 East La Palma Ave, Suite B in Anaheim California.